Are you thinking of having a Halloween party? If so, you might want to consider adopting a theme for your party. The following themes may be popular, but they’re also perfect for setting an unforgettable Halloween mood!
Don’t worry, you don’t have to spend a lot of money on your Halloween party. You can make your own costumes, decorations and treats, or ask your friends to help you.
1. Monster MashA monster mash is a classic Halloween theme that never goes out of style. You can easily decorate for a monsters’ ball and then invite guests to become their favorite monsters.
From Frankenstein to eerie trolls, you can expect to host a wide variety of creatures. Be sure to have plenty of monstrous treats on hand like candied eyeballs and cookie bites!
2. Dracula’s CastleImagine filling a coffin with all sorts of vampire treats: martini glasses filled with blood-red drinks, chocolate bats’ wings, and even a stake-in-the-heart cake. You can transform your party setting into Dracula’s castle using your imagination and lots of supplies from the craft store! Be sure you have a Dracula movie playing in the background of your party for added effect!
3. Mad Scientist’s LabIf you remember the famous story of Dr. Jeykll and Mr. Hyde, you might wish to choose the mad scientist’s theme for your Halloween party. Serve your guests bubbly green potions in lab beakers and lay out your Halloween treats on an aptly decorated gurney. When it comes to the décor, you can use all sorts of scientific implements drenched in faux blood or ooze.
4. Witches’ BallWitchy decorations are everywhere during the Halloween season making this a perfect theme to adopt. Serve your creepy green punch from a cauldron and outfit your home with witches’ spells, brooms, and black cats.
This reliable theme lends itself to kids’ parties and even more sophisticated masquerade-type events. You can make this theme your own when you incorporate your own bewitchingly creative ideas.
5. Haunted HouseThe haunted house theme gives you lots of wiggle room when decorating and concocting treats. You can incorporate a wide array of Halloween ideas into this theme.
Spider webs, ghosts, and a creepy candle-lit atmosphere are just a few ideas to consider. You can also play a cd with creepy noises that you’d expect a haunted house to have like jangling chains and screams.
More: 10 Fantastic College Halloween Party Ideas
6. Mummy’s TombConsider an ancient Egyptian theme complete with mummies for something a little different this Halloween. There are lots of ways to transform ancient Egyptian imagery into a cool Halloween décor.
You might dress as a mummified Cleopatra complete with a serpent wrapped around her neck. You can decorate your party area like a pyramid tomb and serve your petrified treats from clay jars and jugs adorned with creepy hieroglyphics.
7. Haunted ForestRavens, bats, creepy crawly things, and maybe even werewolves prowl your outdoor haunted forest party. This is a great theme if you’re hosting a party outside.
Consider hanging ghoulish figures from trees and decorating your setting with fake spider webs and glowing wolves’ eyes. You can build a bonfire for roasting some creepy treats on your menu.
8. Ghoul SchoolIf you’re hosting a teen party, consider the ghoul school theme. From zombie-fied principals and school nurses to mummified cheerleaders, you can have a lot of fun designing your creepy high school.
Of course, with all the decorative fun you can have, this is one school that teens will think is cool. Don’t forget about special treats!
9. Hollywood Heaven or HellInvite all your guests to dress as their favorite Hollywood stars, alive or dead. You can design a ghoulishly gone-wrong Oscar Party with a red carpet strewn with Hollywood relics like Jason’s mask or Scarlet O’Hara’s green drapery dress drenched in blood. Expect to greet guests like Elvis from the crypt or a zombie-style Paris Hilton.
10. Medieval DungeonYou can go for a gothic-style party when you adopt a medieval dungeon scene for your party. Decorating for your torture-chamber soiree will be fun when you can work in ideas like clanking chains, a guillotine, and even the dreaded iron maiden! You can also serve a medieval feast like suckling pig and stuffed doves!
More: 10 Makeup Ideas to Try This Halloween
When you have a specific theme for your Halloween celebration, you’ll find that decorating and designing all the other elements of your party will come together in fun and exciting ways. Plus, your guests will appreciate your clever thematic ideas.
Don’t be afraid to use the creepiest ideas that come to your mind. Your Halloween goal is to surprise or even shock your guests, keep it in mind when panning your party.
What was the creepiest party you ever threw?