Summer is the perfect time to give yourself a makeover. It’s only natural you want to change up your look with some seasonal flair. The following tips will help you look great this summer and are perfect makeover ideas to try.
Sure, it’s your makeover so don’t be afraid to be creative and discover some new and exciting looks to try on. If you are bored with your look, you can always change it in a matter of an hour or less.
1. Color your hairExperts say only color your hair two shades lighter or two shades darker for the most effective look. Yet a bombshell has ignored this advice and colored her hair exactly how she pleased!
While red hair is going to be in vogue this year, you might simply just want to add some auburn highlights. You can also talk to your stylist for ideas. You might walk out of the salon with some eye-catching ombre hair!
2. Get a new hairstyleThere are lots of trendy new looks this year, but you can makeover your hairstyle in any way you like. It’s your makeover and your exciting new summer look!
Check out pictures of celebrity hairstyles you like and consider adopting one. There are also some great hair apps that allow you to see how a hairstyle might look on your own face. These are fun and they’ll give you plenty of new ideas to consider.
3. Get fitSometimes just two weeks worth of eating right and staying active can impact the way you look and certainly the way you feel. Get rid of all the junk food in your pantry and start snacking on fruit, almonds, and healthy snacks.
Add some aerobic exercise and yoga to your weekly routine and you’ll have your awesome summer body in no time! Even if you aren’t ready for the bikini, you’ll enhance your figure for the better and optimize your health.
4. Change your lipstick colorWe can easily get into a lipstick rut, but there is a rainbow of lip color out there just waiting to be worn. Buy a few new shades to try out or head to the makeup counter for some samples.
Electric orange is destined to be the hottest lip color of the year. This bold look might be perfect to herald your great makeover this summer.
5. Summer eyesSummer is the perfect time to try out new looks. You can even change the color of your eyes with non-prescription contact lenses.
Make your brown eyes appear more golden or more sultry and dark. See how you’d look with pale blue eyes or emerald green eyes.
Colored contacts have some down in price and are a fun way to enhance your look with something novel. If you’re heading out to a new club, give them a try and see if they make a difference in your night!
6. Spray on tanYou don’t have to spend half the summer lying around in the hot sand to achieve a golden tan. Spare your skin the UV damage and choose a spray-on tanning product or a bronzer that allows you to look sun kissed and golden-hued. There is a myriad of tanning products that are safe and can definitely help you achieve a hot summer look.
7. Spruce up your nailsSummer is a great time to change the color scheme of your nails. Opt for tropical colors or pale and shimmering hues that complement your golden tan.
Even if you don’t have your nails professionally done, you can keep them looking neat by filing them and adding a fresh coat of new color. Call attention to your nails by adding some bright colored bangles to your wrist.
8. Change your fragranceThis is a subtle makeover tip, but one that is very effective. Lighten up your fragrance with something fruity or botanically light. You don’t want to wear a heavy perfume that clings.
Instead, opt for an airy scent that is suggestive of the summer season. Lavender is always a good idea, but you should visit your favorite perfume counter to see what seasonal fragrances are hot and might be just right for you.
9. Wardrobe twistWhile many women love to dress more relaxed in summer while also showing off a bit more skin, summer is also a great time to try out new colors and new styles. Add a few new trendy outfits to your summer wardrobe and include some new hats and shoes too. Don’t be afraid to choose a completely different style than you usually wear; that’s what makeovers are all about!
10. Natural beauty regimenSummer is a good time to get back to basics. Enhance your makeover by infusing more natural products and ingredients into your daily regimen.
Give yourself a hair treatment using olive oil. Moisturize your skin using natural jojoba or aloe. Many natural products work so well you’re apt to want to use them all year.
Even if you are on a tight budget, you can still give yourself a makeover this summer. The smallest change can boost your mood and improve your self-esteem. Are you going to give yourself a summer makeover? Just because it’s July doesn’t mean you can’t change your look today.
Want to change your hairstyle? What are you waiting for?