When you flip through the latest fashion and beauty magazines, you probably find yourself longing to achieve the styles of the women you see. While you may never be a supermodel, you can still look like one! All it takes is a little beauty know-how. There’s no need to spend tons of cash on beauty products. Here are the ten best beauty tips most popular models follow.
1. Highlight your best featureModels know that looking your best is about working with what you’ve got. Blush can emphasize gorgeous cheek bones. A darker shade of eye shadow will really make your baby blues pop. No matter what you look like, you’ve probably got a feature that stands out. Draw attention to it and you’ll be even more beautiful.
2. Don’t soak up the sunThere’s a reason many models are on the pale side. Too much sun exposure can lead to age spots, wrinkles and even skin cancer. Instead, limit your time in the sun to a reasonable level and always use a sunscreen with a high SPF when you’re going to be taking in those rays.
3. Start caring for your skin earlyThey say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That’s especially true for your face. The time to start caring for your skin is before all those fine lines and wrinkles appear. However, if you’re already beginning to see some, it’s not too late for you. Just apply a good face cream or moisturizer to reduce those lines and slow down the aging process as you move forward.
4. Get luscious lipsIf you’re often pressed for time in the mornings, you should at least grab a tube of lip gloss on your way out the door. Giving your lips a glossy sheen will go a long way toward brightening up your face. So pucker up and get the luscious lips all the popular models have in their photographs!
5. Don’t use makeup more than necessaryApplying makeup can be a great way to help you look your best. However, it shouldn’t be worn all the time. You have to let your face “breathe” occasionally to allow your pores to open up. This will minimize the effects of any harsh chemicals that might be present in your foundation, blush or other skin care products you typically use. If you’re just hanging around the house, you should always let your face go naked. Don’t forget to remove your makeup before bed, too!
6. Love your locksModels spend big bucks to achieve the hairstyles they want. That’s why they take special care of their tresses. You should preserve your look when you leave the salon as well. Try to avoid heat-based appliances as much as possible. Using them too much can leave your hair over-processed and crunchy. In addition, buy hair products with mostly natural ingredients whenever you can. The fewer chemicals you put on your hair, the better off you’ll be.
7. Don’t go to bed with a wet headThis advice is probably something you heard from your mom when you were growing up. However, there’s more to it than just preventing colds. Putting your wet hair in a ponytail night after night can lead to split ends and make it difficult to style in the morning. Make sure your locks are dry before your head hits the pillow.
8. Use multiple concealersWe’ve all got those little imperfections we wouldn’t mind covering up. Models are no different. Applying two concealers is a trick that many of the beauty icons use. By using a lighter color for the brighter portions of your face and a darker one for under-eye areas, you’ll achieve a much more natural look. It’s an insider secret that really works!
9. More expensive is not always betterWhile most supermodels have plenty of money for costly creams and cosmetics, they also know that the best products aren’t always the pricey ones. Many of them use items you can find on the shelf of your local drugstore. There’s an effective product out there for you no matter what your budget looks like. Focus on the results your beauty purchases offer rather than the price tags.
10. Take care of yourselfMaintaining a healthy, balanced lifestyle is important to all models. This tip can work for you, too. Eating the proper nutrition and drinking the appropriate amount of water will strengthen your hair and nails. It will also give your skin a vibrant glow and help you keep up a youthful appearance. You’ll be beautiful inside and out!
Almost every woman would like to look as amazing as a model. It may not be wishful thinking after all. By using the best model beauty secrets, you’ll be on your way to achieving the hair and makeup you see in all the magazines! Remember, less is more, so don’t overdo your makeup and don’t over-complicate your skincare routine.