There are many fall and winter wardrobe staples that every woman has in her closet, but these 5 are must-haves. They will keep you warm, comfortable and healthy during the fall and winter seasons, serve you for many years to come, and will never go out of style.
Believe it or not, many gals forget about these essentials, though they seem to be obvious and timeless. Some wear flats and heels in winter, perhaps thinking that it’s trendy, while it’s not.
With the dropping temperatures, it’s crucial that you check your closet today to see what you have and what you need to purchase as soon as possible. Here’s what you should definitely have:
1. Waterproof jacketFleece jackets are warm and insulating, but it rains a lot, of course some jackets are actually fleece lined and they can make a fantastic investment, but most people will get better use out of combining a waterproof jacket with a fleece. Whether you want to combine them or you just need a fashionable waterproof jacket, invest in one and you will wear it for years.
2. Fleece jacket/jumperThere’s a reason arctic explorers wear fleece undergarments in sub zero temperatures – because they are incredibly insulating and they wick away sweat. A good women’s fleece jacket/jumper will go a long way to keeping you at a comfortable temperature outside and in the house – this makes them perfect for saving money on the heating bills. Ladies fleece jackets and jumpers are also rather fashionable, and so you won’t draw any strange looks out on the street!
3. GlovesIf you’re anything like me, then when your hands get cold, the rest of your body suffers! Thin wool and synthetic gloves are fine for spending short periods outside, but they are not windproof.
Therefore, if the wind has picked up, we recommend thicker gloves. It is important that whatever gloves you buy that they don’t interfere with your daily activities. Also look in to warm and thin leather gloves, as these can be a life saver for drivers in the morning when the steering wheel is frozen!
4. Thick socksIf there’s one thing worse than having cold hands in autumn and winter, it’s having cold feet! As well as your foot wear, you will want to pay close attention to the socks you wear when out and about. Thick, woolly socks are always best in winter because they insulate and wick away sweat, but also popular is the humble walking sock – these are heel and toe padded, and they provide a high level of warmth.
5. FootwearWhether it’s raining, snowing or just windy, your footwear is vital towards keeping your feet warm. Along with your socks they will keep you comfortable and as noted, there is nothing worse than having cold feet.
So, in terms of footwear during colder months, you should seek a good pair of boots or trainers for when it’s dry and in the rain and snow, walking boots are recommended. The over-the-knee boots make perfect choice too.
Oversized sweaters, leather jackets, jeans, and coats are another fall and winter essentials, but I’m sure you already have them. When buying these wardrobe staples, make sure you pay attention to comfort, not trends.
Spending heaps of money on the brands won’t leave you happy if all those items will be uncomfortable. Everyday errands require a suitable clothing. If you have a million and one things to do each day, comfortable pieces of clothing will help you accomplish your to-do lists faster.
Have you already checked your closet? What do you need to buy to get ready for the winter season?