Lip care is vital to keep your lovely feature in lip-smacking good health. You can enhance your lips health and beauty with the following lip scrubs that contain natural ingredients that enhance and safeguard your lips.
By maintaining your beautiful lips every day, you’ll never be afraid to smile or blow a deserving someone a kiss. Check out my list of 10 revitalizing all-natural lip scrubs and give one of them a try today.
1. Sensitive DIY Lip ScrubIf your lips are extremely chapped or you are experiencing a bout of sensitivity, try making a lip scrub that combines sugar with baking soda. One tablespoon of sugar, a teaspoon of baking soda, and a half teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil with create a wonderful scrub that’s perfect for soothing your lips with nourishing effects. Give this scrub a try to see how wonderful it makes your lips feel.
2. Coconut Lip ScrubThis is another sensitive DIY lip scrub to try when your lips are severely dry. We spend so many cash on lip scrubs that contain harsh ingredients we can’t even read and pronounce while it’s better to make your own lip scrub that contains only two all natural ingredients.
Mix 1 teaspoon coconut butter and 1 teaspoon sea salt together, apply to your lips, gently scrub and rinse it off. If you don’t have coconut butter, opt for coconut oil instead.
3. Sea Salt and Honey Lip ScrubThe reason why honey is used in almost every DIY lip scrub is because it helps to moisturize your lips and prevent any damages. The sea salt and honey lip scrub exfoliates your dry skin gently – don’t scrub too hard and don’t use it too often, though. I use it once a week and always apply coconut oil after scrubbing to make my lips look breathtakingly beautiful and luscious.
4. Brown Sugar Lip ScrubBrown sugar, coconut oil, and honey are all the ingredients you need for your luscious lip scrub. Brown sugar is a natural exfoliator, while coconut oil and honey are natural moisturizes.
Honey is especially good for painful, sore lips. Mix these three ingredients well, and apply to your lips, gently rubbing for a minute. Rinse off with a warm washcloth and apply your favorite lip balm.
5. DIY Honey Lip ScrubMaking your own lip scrub doesn’t take much time and you’ll be delighted to know exactly what’s in it as you create this scrub using only common kitchen ingredients. All you need is a little bowl or dish to mix about a teaspoon and half of honey (more or less is fine), two tablespoons of sugar (white refined sugar or natural brown – it’s entirely up to you), and roughly a half teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
Mix these ingredients together and then rub your mix across your lips for a good minute. Then remove with cloth to reveal your splendid smile.
6. Mint Lip ScrubI love this scrub and suggest you try it out before your date. Your guy will enjoy your minty fresh soft lips and you will get rid of the feeling of dry, chapped lips.
Combine 1 tbsp honey, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil and 1 drop peppermint oil, apply it to your lips, rub gently and rinse it off with warm water. If your lips are very dry, try applying a warm cloth before using the scrub.
7. Essential Oil Lip ScrubLooking for a super gentle lip scrub? Stop looking, ladies. I’ve got one simple lip scrub recipe for you to try right now. Perhaps you know about fantastic beauty benefits of essential oils.
Adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil to a sugar and honey mixture is a final step to the perfect lip scrub. If your lips are sore, consider adding a little bit of almond, coconut or olive oil to your scrub.
8. Tasty Coffee Lip ScrubCoffee isn’t for breakfasts only – you can make a quick yet effective lip scrub too. The caffeine in the coffee helps to remove dead skin from your lips and rejuvenate them.
Since this scrub is a bit harsh, use twice a week and apply your lip balm or olive oil after exfoliating. Mix 1 tbsp coarsely ground coffee and 1 tbsp of olive oil, apply and rinse with warm water after 5 minutes.
9. Baking Soda and Honey Lip ScrubIf you don’t have sugar (yes, many people don’t have sugar at home because they know how harmful it is), you definitely have honey and baking soda. These two ingredients are needed for your natural lip scrub.
Mix 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon honey together. Apply your mixture to your lips and leave on for a few minutes. Slowly and gently rubbing your lips, rinse the mixture off.
10. Wintry Peppermint Lip ScrubEnhance your festive mood when you make this simple and effective lip scrub. The key ingredient is a drop or two of peppermint oil. Mix that with a tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of refine white sugar for a deliciously wonderful all-natural exfoliating scrub.
It’s so easy to make you’ll want to whip up batches all winter long. Because your control the ingredients and their amounts, you can easily design this scrub with the all natural goodness you deserve.
Unfortunately, or luckily, we live in a world where we can buy any beauty products, including lip scrubs. It’s quicker and easier to buy the one than to make it yourself.
However, have you ever read the ingredient list of any beauty product? It’s full of strange and terrifying ingredients that do more harm than good. It takes just a few minutes to create your own lip scrub, not to mention that you save money and improve your lip health.
Have you ever tried to create your own lip scrub? Any recipes to share?