If you are going to have a Valentine’s Day engagement party, you may want to know some unique and fun party ideas. Valentine’s Day is filled with joy and love and getting engaged on this special day is even more romantic. Not only do you take your relationship to the next level, but you also have a wonderful opportunity to spend this day with your family and close friends.
Although Valentine’s Day is believed to be a commercial holiday, you don’t have to run into debt. These eight creative Valentine’s Day engagement party ideas are absolutely budget-friendly.
1. Have a photo displayIf you and your partner have been together for years, chances are that you have plenty of beautiful pictures that radiate your love and that are incredibly important to both of you. Many couples don’t want to display their pictures because of the evil eye, but I think there’s nothing bad in having a photo display on Valentine’s Day.
Maybe some of your friends or family members envy your happiness, but they are really happy for you, even if they don’t show it. You can arrange your pictures on a table or make a huge photo collage and hang it on the wall.
2. Hang up a heart bannerHanging up a heart banner over your dessert table or above your front door is a cheap and easy way to decorate your home and boost everyone’s mood. I’m not recommending buying a heart banner since I believe it’s always better to make your own one. Ask your sweetheart or friends to help you, if you are short on time.
Get your creative juices flowing and make the most unusual heart banner to surprise your partner and guests. Don’t forget to mention your wedding date and time on your heart banner.
3. Wear a red dressA red dress radiates love and charm and it’s an easy way to boost the holiday spirit and mood. Who said a red dress is for bold ladies only? Surprise everyone, including your partner, by wearing a ruby red dress or bright pink dress, if red isn’t your color.
If you feel uncomfortable in bright dresses, opt for your favorite outfit and some red or pink accessories. What about a black dress and bright red shoes?
4. Choose bright, eye-catching dessertsThere are many eye-catching Valentine’s Day desserts that you can serve at your engagement party. Whether it’s a raspberry cream tart or strawberry cheesecake, delis colorful macarons or red velvet cupcakes, make sure that your desserts are as bright as possible. You can set up one big dessert table or a few small dessert tables, if you are planning a big party.
More: 7 Little Sweet Gestures to Make on Valentine’s Day
5. Opt for a red and pink color schemeWhen planning your engagement party, you can easily forget that you are going to host it on Valentine’s Day. To avoid it, opt for a red and pink color scheme.
You will embrace the holiday and remind everyone about the day of love. A red and pink color scheme creates warmth, excitement and vibration, and it’s so easy to use.
You can use lots of red and pink hearts as table decorations or make cute red and pink heart garlands. Moreover, you can use lots of red and pink roses as home decorations.
6. Festive floral centerpiecesNo, ladies, you don’t have to spend lots of money on fresh flowers. On Valentine’s Day, flowers are rather expensive. You can use artificial flowers as party decorations instead.
While I agree that fresh flowers are better, if you can’t afford to buy them, why not opt for artificial ones? Chances are, no one will notice it.
7. Give out hot cocoa favorsHot cocoa is a popular winter beverage that most of us love. Since you are going to host your engagement party on Valentine’s Day, the holiday that is celebrated in winter, it might be a great idea to give out hot cocoa to your guests as delicious favors. This small gift is not only cheap and tasty, but is also quick and easy to make. You will need disposable decorating bags (I used mason jars instead of them), hot cocoa, heart-shaped marshmallows, chocolate chips and some Valentine’s Day cookies.
8. The Peek-a-boo heart cakeThe cake that has a lovely surprise hidden inside is simply perfect for Valentine’s Day engagement parties. Imagine the amazement, joy and surprise on your guests’ faces when they uncover that surprise.
The Peek-a-boo heart cake isn’t for kids only, adults loves it too. Whether you make your own cake with a hidden treasure or you buy it, your guest will definitely love this idea.
More: 15 Creative and Romantic Ideas to Celebrate Valentine’s Day
Throwing a Valentine’s Day engagement party is a fabulous way to get all your family and friends together to celebrate love and joy. Whether you host a small or big party, you will have an unforgettable experience.
Do you have any other Valentine’s Day engagement party ideas?