There are many benefits of exfoliating your skin – from getting an acne-free skin to getting a closer shave. Regular exfoliation helps to get rid of dead skin cells and reveal much smoother and softer skin in a matter of a few seconds. When done correctly, it helps to maintain healthy skin and fight aging. Your face isn’t the only area to exfoliate, though. It’s also important to exfoliate your hands and the whole body that suffers from dead skin cells, debris, and dirt. Aim to exfoliate your body twice a week and make sure you use your best moisturizer after that. If you have a very sensitive skin, try using mild face and body scrubs once a week. Anyway, don’t skip this step. Here’s why you should incorporate exfoliation into your skincare routine:
1. Prevent breakoutsIf you experience breakouts, whiteheads or blackheads, exfoliating your skin can help to keep pores unclogged and clean. Acne is caused when pores get clogged up with sebum, dead skin cells, and germs. Keep your acne under control by keeping your pores clean. But don’t overdo it. Don’t scrub too hard and use scrubs that are right for your skin. Otherwise, over-exfoliation will cause many skin problems, even worse than breakouts.
2. Enhance your skin textureWhen your skin feels dry or rough, exfoliating is one of the easiest ways to breathe life back into your dry and dull skin. I love that amazing feeling when I exfoliate my face or my hands, and my skin becomes super smooth. Exfoliate your skin regularly to enhance your skin texture and get rid of all those concealers, foundations and powders. Beauty products make us look gorgeous regardless of our skin problems. But it’s better to cope with a problem than try to hide it, isn’t it?
3. Make your skin care products more effectiveThere’s nothing worse than spending lots of money on skin care products and knowing that your skin is not getting any of the benefits from them. The thing is that if you have the layers of dead skin cells piled up, even the most expensive cream or foundation won’t make your skin look healthy and radiant. Dead skin cells don’t allow your facial products and body moisturizer to penetrate the skin more deeply, so using them is just a waste of money and time if exfoliation isn’t included in your skincare routine.
4. Minimize wrinklesWe can’t avoid wrinkles but we can eat least minimize them. As you get older, your skin’s natural ability to rebuild itself slows down. Dull and dead skin cells make dry skin, fine lines and wrinkles stand out even more. Exfoliate regularly and shed those dead skin cells to fight the signs of aging and minimize the wrinkles you already have. Use a high quality anti-aging cream to keep your skin moisturized all the time.
5. Get a better fake tanNot only does exfoliating help your skincare products to penetrate deeper, but it also gives skin tanning products a clean and smooth canvas that allows for a longer lasting tan. Make sure you exfoliate your skin before you use cream tanning lotions or spray tans. The results will impress you!
6. Improve your skin toneIf you have an uneven skin tone, regular exfoliation is a must. Depending on your skin type, choose a good scrub and moisturizer that helps to brighten a dull skin. Use them regularly to improve your skin tone. Exfoliating will help remove layers of dead skin cells as well as dirt and makeup to reveal new, bright skin hidden underneath.
7. Get a closer shaveWell, shaving with a dull razor is a bad idea, right? However, shaving dull skin is also one of the biggest beauty mistakes. If you want to get a closer shave, try exfoliating your skin beforehand. It will help remove any dead skin cells that clog up the razor blades, and give you a clean and smooth shave. Apply your moisturizer and you are ready to make guys fall in love with your beautiful legs.
You might not know but there are three types of exfoliation: chemical, enzyme and manual. If you don’t like traditional scrubs, look into doing an enzyme exfoliation. My personal choice is manual. I love experimenting with DIY facial and body scrubs and use all-natural ingredients only. No only do I save my cash, I also avoid applying harsh chemicals to my body. Do you exfoliate your skin regularly? Do you think regular exfoliation is a must?