For somebody, happiness is an adrenaline rush in blood, for someone contrary, quiet and peaceful life. Someone sees happiness in the children, someone in successful work, family and etc, but one thing is certain, we all want to be happy!
American psychologist Dr. Shimoff gave some advice “What we will do to be happy without reason”. I quote them here.
1. I believe that the world exists in order to help us
Indeed, as one of my friends told me: “You need to believe that the world revolves around you and you are the center of the universe. You are here right now, everything else is secondary, so why you lose your time and thinking about – everyone against you!” This world exists in order to help us.
2. Stop behaving yourself like a victim – don’t complain and don’t blame other people’s circumstances
This category of people who constantly complain and course they are harmful and they want to spoil your mood. It’s only a manner of communication. In fact, what is going on is just a circumstance without guilty.
3. Try to seek in everything a lesson or gift of fate
Simple Russian phrase – “All that is done, all to better”
4. Try to filter obsessive negative thoughts
Unfortunately, this problem is very difficult to cope with, we are intuitively attracted to negative. One of my friends lost his job, and can’t find a new one. She starts to think that she is not competent enough, she has little experience, she can’t pass a job interview.
Indeed, at every job interview, she was so nervous and therefore not credible to potential employers. Seeing her uncertainty and bad attitude, her boyfriend advised her to go on a special course. And finally, she start to believe in herself!
You can’t imagine but after two weeks she finds a great new job and even has not graduated yet! She stopped thinking negatively!
5. Forgive offenses
Paying attention to negative thoughts, we are constantly digging in ourselves. Neither for us nor for our loved ones. So forgive and go.
6. Start to think like that ”I will be happy when I have a husband ( children, money, etc)
You must be happy right now and right here, perhaps, the most difficult, learn to enjoy small things. Present your smile to other people and receive a smile in response.
7. Drink plenty of water, stop eating fast food and breathe deeply
It is easy.
8. Start to help other people and give inspiration at every moment of your life
When you are helping others, you become stronger. And the joy of knowing that you have really helped with nothing can compare.
9. Happy people control the events of his life when there is such a possibility
If you can’t change the events, then just change their attitude to what is happening.
What is happiness? Probably there is no single answer but if you try to share your happiness we will get one happy man on our planet!