We all know that smells can bring certain memories. The memories of your childhood and people you love can instantly make you feel better in any situation, believe my experience. The use of smells in our life is greatly underestimated.
You can use them to make your home smell good and boost your mood at the same time. Different smells can create different moods so give these 9 smells a try to figure out which works better.
1. CoffeeA whiff of coffee has always made me feel cozy and protected, no matter what mood I’m in. If you are not a coffee drinker, you can’t just smell coffee without drinking a cup of hot, freshly brewed drink. The smell of coffee beans helps to wake you up and fight stress and anxiety.
2. LavenderSure, everyone knows about lavender and its mild fresh smell. We use its smell in candles, and essential oils. It helps to relax and improve mood.
But have you ever heard that lavender can be used as a cooking spice? Yes, in France it is used as spice and added to soups, fish, chicken and even vegetables. Why don’t you try and tell if it tastes good?
3. ChocolateChocolate is widely known for its fantastic properties. Even the smell of it can be of a great use for you.
Chocolate is probably the best aphrodisiacal scent in the world. It will cheer you up and make you feel energetic in no time. As an added bonus, smelling chocolate will not cause weight gain.
4. VanillaVanilla has been used to combat depression for years. The smell of vanilla in your house can also help you boost your mood.
Thanks to its mild and sweet smell, vanilla is known as aphrodisiac too. If you are feeling down, take a relaxing bath with a few vanilla candles. You will feel much better.
5. Rose scentRose essential oil is one of the most popular essential oils these days. The smell of a rose ignites fond memories of backyard gardens or young love.
Rose petals have a mild, soft smell that you can’t ignore. Rose petals jam or tea is a good way to improve your mood and satisfy your sweet tooth.
6. CoconutOne more scent to help you improve your mood instantly is the smell of coconut. Whether you eat it or just smell it, its scent boosts your dopamine and serotonin levels, making you feel better.
Coconut is also an aphrodisiac that is used in different types of beauty products. The smell of coconut reminds you of a tropical paradise where you are surrounded by palm trees, white sands and turquoise water.
7. PeppermintMany of us love a peppermint scent. Peppermint is highly popular around the world for its healing properties.
Peppermint scent reduces stress and makes you feel happier in a matter of seconds. Try drinking peppermint tea or add a few drops of peppermint oil to a plain water in a spray bottle and use it as an air freshener to boost your spirit.
8. FoodThe smell of cooked food has incredible power. Just imagine the smell of roasting turkey or a cake and you will understand all the importance of these smells. The smell of food can make you feel at home, where you can be safe with your beloved by your side.
As our appetites are linked to dopamine and serotonin production in the brain, food smells can make you feel better even if you won’t eat anything. So if you are in a bad mood today, try to make your favorite meal and see what will happen.
9. RosemaryWe use rosemary in stews, soups and many other meals without realizing that its scent is a wonderful mood-booster. It helps to calm your whole body as well as increases endorphins in the brain. Whether fresh or dried, rosemary is definitely a must have in every kitchen.
Some of these smells can do wonders for your body and your overall well-being. They have the power to heal, improve mood and ignite childhood or any other pleasant memories.
If you need a quick pick-me-up, try out these nine scents. One of them will definitely help you.
Do you believe in the power of scents?