Looking for some unique ways to spread your love on February 14? Even though you should spread your joy and love each day, there’s something special about Valentine’s Day when we’re surrounded with flowers, hearts, chocolates and lovely notes. You don’t have to spend your hard-earned cash on expensive flowers and gifts in order to show your love. Here are a few special ways you can spread your love this Valentine’s Day.
1. Heart healthy strawberry smoothieHave a heart-healthy Valentine’s Day by making a delicious, antioxidant rich smoothie with a cup of frozen strawberries, a cup of Greek yogurt, and a tablespoon of flaxseed or chia seeds. This smoothie is plentiful in fiber, antioxidants, protein and calcium, which will help you look and feel great on Valentine’s Day. If you have kids, consider making some kid-friendly smoothies to show them that Valentine’s Day is not for adults only.
2. Flaxseed pancakesOn February 14, surprise your sweetheart or family with some tasty heart shaped pancakes. Add some flaxseed to your pancake batter to make your pancakes healthier. You can use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make your pancakes more romantic and decorate them with some strawberries. This is a delicious way to spread your love this Valentine’s Day.
3. Make someone’s dayIf your close friend is sad for the holiday of love as she has no partner or family to be with, why not open up your home to her to join you? If she doesn’t want to join you, it will be a nice idea to pack a meal and bring it to her. Simple but nice acts can make her day. On Valentine’s Day, you usually think about your sweetheart, but you shouldn’t forget about other people in your life.
4. Send flowersWe all love to receive a bouquet of beautiful flowers every now and then, right? It’s always great to know and feel someone is thinking of you. This Valentine’s Day, send some flowers to a mom, friend or relative to spread your love. This little act of kindness will certainly brighten their day and make you feel great as well!
5. Bring gifts to a homeless shelterBringing some simple gifts to a homeless shelter is one of the best ways to spread your love this Valentine’s Day. Contact a local homeless shelter and find out the most important needs of people that are staying there. You can wrap up some practical things like clothes and shoes and add a Valentine’s Day card and chocolates. Remember, these people deserve love too.
More: 10 Great Things to Do for Singles on Valentine’s Day
6. Help a local charityIf you like to help others and want to make this world a better place, then spread your love on February 14 by helping a local charity or at a local food bank and packing some care packages to send overseas. Perhaps, it’s the most unusual and budget-friendly way to show your love on Valentine’s Day.
7. Gifts from the heartGifts from the heart are the best gifts we can receive. These presents don’t require spending lots of cash but thought and time are important. It can be anything from cards, books to homemade cookies. You can give a present that a person will keep for a lifetime. Gifts from the heart mean a lot to us as they are made with love and care. This Valentine’s Day create a personalized presents for those you love, but make sure you do it with love and care.
8. Love notesLove notes written from your heart are amazing way to show your love on Valentine’s Day. I’d choose to receive a hand written letter over any present because it is genuine and special and the words are nice and really meaningful. If you don’t have money to buy a gift, write a love note and create your sweetheart or family a special meal. This is a quick and easy way to spread your love on Valentine’s Day!
More: 8 Best Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Girls
This Valentine’s Day, spread your love by using these ideas. As you see, you don’t have to spend a lot of money in order to enjoy this day of love. Your creativity is key here. Also, don’t forget about animals. Try to feed more stray animals and birds on Valentine’s Day. It’s actually best to feed them daily, but you can go for a long walk to feed as many animals as you can. Helping animal shelters is also a great option. What are your favorite ways to spread love on February 14?