The Ultimate Guide to Buying Silver Earrings

  

Are you thinking about sprucing up your jewelry collection with silver earrings? Earrings are some of the most crucial jewelry pieces anyone can use to complement a look. This is why they are some of the most popular accessories in the modern-day. You can use earrings to make fashion statements. This is thanks to their elegance and stylish nature. Silver earrings can be used to compliment any look.

Sterling Silver earrings are some of the best choices you can buy. Silver is generally seen as the best alternative to most jewelry metals like platinum or gold and can be crafted to any design and style. To be able to buy the best silver earrings, it is important to know the right steps to follow. This will ensure you get the best quality silver earrings in the market. Whether you are considering long silver earrings, hoops, or studs for your collections, here is everything you need to know about buying silver earrings.

1. Understand silver as a metal
As one of the oldest metals to be discovered by man, silver is still one of the most misunderstood metals in the market. In its pure silver state, it is a magnificent metal that is used to craft high-end art pieces. Even so, it is also very soft and thus not ideal for crafting jewelry pieces. Jewelers solve this issue by using other metals to harden pure silver. Pure silver is mixed with a strong metal such as copper to create an alloy known as sterling silver. Silver makes up 92.5% of the alloy, while the other metal comprises only 7.5% to maintain the high-end class of the jewelry piece. This is the purest form of sterling silver. Creating the alloy is the only way to ensure silver retains its original beauty and that it is tougher and thus long-lasting.
Whenever you go shopping for silver earrings, it is essential to have this information to be able to ask for the best sterling silver earrings.

2. The sterling silver hallmark
All sterling silver jewelry pieces come with a hallmark. This is usually in the form of an inscription on the jewelry piece. This trademark is what is used to show whether indeed the earrings are sterling silver or not. Look for a 92.5 mark in your silver earrings before making a purchase. Some jewelry pieces come with the name ‘sterling’ inscribed. These are the specifications that tell you the metal used to make the piece is authentic sterling silver. Always insist on seeing this mark of quality to ensure you get the perfect silver earrings.

3. Buy from reputable jewelers
Whether you prefer buying your jewelry from a local store or online, it is always important to do a background check on the store before buying from them. This is especially important if you are buying silver jewelry for the first time. Silver is expensive, and the last thing you want is to waste your money on fake silver products. Query the experience of the dealer in selling silver jewelry and always check the quality of their items. The reviews online will tell you everything you need to know about a dealer. Always buy from a dealer with a wide range of silver items. If possible, ask for referrals from some of his clients. A reputable dealer will be more than willing to allow you to follow up with previous clients.

4. Pick the right style earrings
The versatility of silver earrings is one of their best benefits. You are sure to find silver earrings in different styles, ranging from hoops to studs, long silver earrings to cluster earrings, and even trinity knots and drop earrings. With all these options, it is easy to get overwhelmed. When choosing earrings, consider the shape of your face and why you are buying the earrings. This will help you to make the right choice.

5. Ask for a warranty and return policy
A reputable silver earrings seller will always give you a warranty and return policy. Sterling silver earrings are an expensive investment. Therefore, always confirm that you can return the earrings if need be and that they are covered under warranty.
With this guide, you are sure to make the perfect choice when shopping for sterling silver earrings.

Comments