We have to get a diploma. We have to find a high-paying job. We have to find a partner, get married and have children. We have to be successful, perfect and beautiful. We have to do many things that we actually don’t have to do.
Modern society has too high standards and requirements so no wonder that many people feel totally miserable and disappointed in themselves. If you tend to be self-critical, you need to find peace in life and follow your own rules. It’s too common to be ashamed of your mistakes, your failures and your lack of achievements.
It’s okay to have standards, but it’s not helpful to constantly put yourself down. Fall in love with yourself again. Hopefully, these little pieces of advice will help you.
1. There’s always room for improvementYou don’t have to be an incurable optimist to see how you can improve on what you haven’t done (or done). Therefore, whatever is making you feel disappointed in yourself, see it as a positive opportunity to improve your life.
If you lost your job, it’s not the end of the world. Maybe, life gives you a sign that it’s time to find a better workplace where you will be respected and praised.
There’s always room for improvement. Don’t let yourself jump into depression’s hands.
2. No one is perfectYou are only human. Human can get things wrong so what’s the problem? If you never made mistakes or had problems, you wouldn’t live a real life. Accept that you are not perfect, just like everybody else.
You don’t have superpowers to do everything perfectly, no matter how hard you try. Perfectionists don’t live a happy life. They suffer and feel disappointed.
Do you want to waste your life trying to be perfect? I hope you don’t. Relax and enjoy those things your life offers you.
3. Everybody makes mistakesWe all make mistakes. It’s not possible to get through life without committing any mistake. The only problem is if you keep making the same mistake again and again you won’t be able to get your life in order and move on.
Learn how to recognize and admit your mistakes – it’s the art many of us have trouble mastering. Learning from the mistakes is the best thing you can do when you did something wrong.
4. There is always hopeMaybe you’re upset because you didn’t get a job you applied for, or you feel like you will never make enough money to buy your own house or car. Never lose hope! Be optimistic!
There is a promotion that will give you a better salary or a better job just around the corner. Focus on your goal and develop your positive attitude. This is a powerful tool that successful people use daily to stay successful.
5. Get motivatedSuccessful people never let disappointment stop them from living the life they want. They always keep on trying until something works. They do so because of determination.
Apply a bit of that to your life. Don’t dwell on your failures, instead, use them as a motivation to keep trying until you succeed.
Read some inspirational quotes in the morning or spend some me time alone. Nature is a good motivator too.
6. Stop comparing yourself to othersMany people feel disappointed in themselves because they are constantly comparing themselves to others. Your friend earns more money, your brother has a better car or your coworker has a happy relationship. You are better than you think, just be kind to yourself but not critical.
Maybe your friend doesn’t like her job, or your brother ran into debts when buying his new car. Focus on your own life. Forget about others.
7. Don’t let other people influence youOften we face disappointment because of the fear of letting others down. We have absorbed the message from parents, grandparents or friends that only the best is good enough. But don’t let those negative influences of other people affect your view of yourself.
You have your own opinion and feelings so make sure you express them with no guilt. You are the only one who can change your life.
8. Don’t give upFailure is a valuable life lesson. Giving up doesn’t always mean you are weak.
Things are not always that easy, don’t get discouraged when you fail to accomplish something, just keep trying until you get what you want. Being determined and assertive is the sure way to succeed in all aspects of life.
Do you feel like you are a failure or are you just not getting anywhere? Stop for a while. Think of the things you already achieved and you will see that you actually did a lot to be successful.
You can’t achieve all your goals at once. They take time. Stay patient, positive and motivated. Only this way, you will get what you want down the road.
How do you handle your failures?