There are many reasons to have a secret wedding, but unfortunately, most people don’t even think about it! Getting married to the person you love is one of the most important days in your life, so you should remember why you are getting married in the first place. Here are a few reasons to have a secret wedding.
1. Your parents don’t approveWhen it comes to marriage, a lot of people need parental approval, while other people couldn’t care less. Sure, parental approval is important, but if I fell in love with a man my family hated, it’d be extremely difficult for me not to marry him. If your parents don’t approve, that’s one of the reasons to have a secret wedding.
2. It’s so romantic!This is another reason to elope. Nobody wants to be hassled or stressed when they’re getting married, and often this can occur when you’re forced to host and entertain a slew of guests on your special day. If you have a secret wedding, you will get more time to express your love for each other. In fact, that’s the whole point of getting married in the first place.
3. You can’t afford a weddingPerhaps this is one of the saddest reasons to have a secret wedding. Sometimes wedding, especially the big one, can cost thousands and that can take ages to pay off.
If you really want to have a wedding, you shouldn’t do it just to please your parents, relatives, and friends. It must be a day about celebration and love, which are easily achievable when you have a secret wedding.
4. No stressful wedding planningPlanning a wedding is very stressful, so if you’re thinking of getting married and want to avoid stress that should certainly be on your list of reasons to have a secret wedding. No one needs or wants that kind of stress and nagging from family, in-laws, and friends, so eloping is sometimes the best thing for everybody.
5. You’re pregnantNowadays most people are liberal and open, but if you got pregnant before marriage and you don’t want to walk down the aisle with a baby bump, then you need to think about having a secret wedding. Everybody is different, but people can be very judgmental. Moreover, you don’t want any added stress, so it’s better to plan for the birth of your baby rather than worrying about planning a wedding.
6. You and your partner want to marry in a foreign countryIf you and your partner want to marry in a foreign country you should know that not everyone you know is willing to travel that far, so you should definitely consider having a secret wedding. Wanting to get married away from family members and friends is one of the great reasons to elope!
7. You get married for the second timeIf you’ve already had the wedding ceremony, why do it a second time and spend lots of money all over again? Besides, if you’re on the second marriage, you might be older than you’re the first time around, and I think it would feel a bit silly to have a puffy white dress, 200 guests, and hundreds of presents.
8. There are too many people to inviteI’m sure you will agree with me that having over 400 people at the wedding is ridiculous, because you can go through the whole party without even seeing half the people you and your partner invited! If you have a secret wedding, you reduce your party size to only two people, and nobody will get offended or hurt because you did not invite anyone.
9. You and your partner practice different religionsPeople can’t control whom they fall in love with. If you fall in love with someone who practices a different religion than yours, a secret wedding is something you may want to think of. If you decide to get married by a justice of the peace, you won’t know how your in-laws and parents will feel about it, and you don’t want to offend anybody.
Secret weddings are becoming more and more popular, and it’s a great option for couples who can afford either wedding or honeymoon. When you have a secret wedding, you save money and time, and you have a nice opportunity to spend more time together.
Have you ever had a secret wedding? Do you disapprove or approve of people eloping? Please comment below!