Hot summer, bright sun, endless sea, sandy beach – how long we wait for it! And, of course, any holiday on the coast is accompanied by a beautiful golden tan. But in fact, it often ends up with scorched skin, sleepless nights, and sometimes the temperature that rose due to sunburn. So how to take a sunbath and stay healthy? To avoid sunburns and get a great tan, you just need to follow a few simple rules.
1. Preparing for sunbathing
Ultraviolet has a negative impact on the skin, drying it. So, it’s worthwhile to prepare yourself for contact with the sun beforehand. For some time before going on vacation, start using moisturizing and nourishing skin creams. On the off chance that you have sensitive skin, visit the solarium 2-3 weeks before the holiday. A few times for 3-5 minutes will be enough to ensure that the cells accustomed to ultraviolet and easily withstand the searing sun.
2. How to sunbathe on the beach?
The sun-kissed skin looks wonderful, but staying in the sunlight for a long time can also have negative impacts if you don’t sunbathe safely. Here are simple tips about how to sunbathe on the beach healthy.
- The best time to sunbathe аrom sunrise to noon, then from 4 pm until sunset. At noon, the sun is the most aggressive, and staying under it is fraught with burns.
- Start your sunbathe with 5-10 minutes, increasing day by day the time spent in the open sun. The rest of the time spend under a beach shade.
- Change your position every 10-15 minutes, turning to the sun with the other side of the body.
- Bathe in the sea, the river, the pool, or take a shower, depending on the place you sunbathe, every 20-30 minutes.
- Try to sunbathe 1-2 hours after a meal, because at this time the body most easily endures the stress of meeting with ultraviolet.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your skin with the help of creams. As already mentioned, ultraviolet dehydrates the skin.
3. How to keep a tan for a long time?
Getting a beautiful and even tan is only half the battle. In order to prolong its life, drink carrot juice, eat yellow and orange fruits. Don’t forget to use a nourishing cream, moisturize the body, and let the rest on the beach give you wonderful impressions!